Danske Bank closes down its banking activities in the Baltics
In February 2019 Danske Bank Group took the decision to close down the banking activities in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
These changes will affect all customers of Danske Bank Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
You can read more about this change in Danske Bank’s stock announcement HERE.
Credit servicing account
The Bank will continue to serve your credit facilities (e.g. credit, lease agreements etc.) and the repayment schedules remain unchanged.
If you have a valid credit agreement, you should transfer all your payments to the special Credit servicing account.
You can read more about changes of credit servicing here.
What should you know?
- If your credit repayments have so far been conducted via your bank account, now you have to pay them via the Credit servicing account.
- The account number for the Credit servicing account was provided to you in a letter. You can also see this number in Danske eBank.
- This account belongs to the Danske Bank and it is in the name of the Bank. The only intended purpose of use of this account is to service the credit agreement(s) concluded with you. The Credit servicing account is opened for credit repayment purpose only. The account is not intended for money depositing or other daily banking services.
- All obligations of the credit agreements, e.g. principal payments, interest payments, commitment fees, payments under the lease agreement, repayments of the used credit limit of the credit cards and related fees, possible fees, fines for delay etc. should be paid to the Credit servicing account.
- Please make the payments to the Credit servicing account according to the credit agreement repayment schedule and actual contractual payment obligation.
- The payments received to the Credit servicing account are considered as performance of the credit agreement payment obligation according to the dates provided for in the credit agreement payment schedule (not when the payment arrives to that account). In case of several obligations, the payments will be debited according to the sequence of their contractual performance.
- The Bank has the right to return partial or full payment made to the Credit servicing account, if the bank considers it not to meet the purpose of performing the credit agreement (for example if the overpaid amount is significantly larger than it is needed for a few next regular payments).
- If you have a valid electronic services agreement, you will find information on the credit agreement(s), notifications on changes in base interest and schedules of valid interest period from Danske eBank. It is also possible to view the Credit servicing account and the payments made through it in Danske eBank. If you do not have a valid electronic services agreement, you will continue to receive information via e-mail or mail.
If you do not have an access to Danske eBank, please contact the Bank for the agreement.
- The credit agreements or collateral agreements may provide obligations about owing the current account in Danske Bank. The Bank confirms that from now on all such obligations are void and there is no need to perform these obligations.
- Important for private banking customers: If you have credit agreements both personally and as a co-borrower with another person (such as a spouse or partner), you have several Credit servicing accounts. One Credit servicing account is used for personal credit payments, and another account for co-payments.
What should you do?
- Please follow the credit agreement payment obligations and the deadlines closely.
- We recommend making the necessary payment one weekday before the deadline of the payment obligation. Thus you will avoid possible misunderstandings with the delay in arrival of the payment, emergence of arrears and calculation of default interests.
Please contact the Bank if:
- The contractual loan has not been fully paid to you and you wish to receive the payment of the loan amount.
- If you want to perform the credit agreement earlier. Otherwise, the Bank may find that the sum transferred to the Credit servicing account is not necessary for the performance of current payment obligations. Hence the bank may return this sum to the payer.
"Know your customer" questionaires
According to the current anti-money laundering and tax administration legislation and the overall know-your-customer principle, banks find it essential to maintain an overview of their customer base. This applies to you too, despite that your account (-s) have already been closed. That is why we are periodically seeking further information on your personal data, economic activities and individuals related to you.
As long as you are a customer of the bank (or as long as you have a valid credit agreement), you are obliged to submit the required information to the Bank.
You can fill-in the questionnaire in two ways:
- You can fill it in and submit online, on Danske eBank. The form is available under the “Information & Settings” tab, or under the link www.danskebank.lt/additionaldata
- Download the form from www.danskebank.lt/additionaldata, fill it in offline, sign and return it to your Relationship Manager in Danske Bank.
Please make sure that the questionnaire is signed by the private individual who is the account holder or the authorised representative.