English proficiency levels
English is the official language at Danske Bank. However, not every position requires fluency, and each opening specifies the level of English required.
- You can understand the main points of information on familiar matters regularly encountered at work or leisure and deal with most situations while travelling in English-speaking countries.
- You can express yourself in a limited way on familiar matters, deal in a general way with non-routine information, and briefly describe and justify experiences, expectations, ambitions and goals.
- You can produce simple, coherent texts on familiar topics.
- According to certification, it is comparable to CEFR B1+, IELTS levels 4.5 (5) – 5.5, English Cambridge scale – 150-159).
- You can understand the main ideas of a complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions related to his/her field of specialisation.
- You can communicate fluently and spontaneously enough to keep a comprehensive conversation with other English speakers.
- You can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a view point on a topical issue by giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- According to certification, it is comparable to CEFR B2, IELTS levels 5.5 – 6.5, English Cambridge scale –160-179).
- You can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts and recognise implicit meaning, also use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- You can express yourself fluently and spontaneously, using a variety of expressions, aphorisms, etc. on casual and business topics.
- You can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- According to certification, it is comparable to CEFR C1, IELTS levels 6.5 – 8.0, English Cambridge scale –180-199).