Initially, programme targeted IT positions only, however due to programmes success and participants’ exceeding expectations, this year we have broadened the scope to include more positions that offer meaningful tasks and interesting challenges!
The programme started in June 2019, and since then 76 new ambitious colleagues have joined our organisation, 71 are still working at the bank and 30 have already got permanent positions!
Listen to what participants think about the programme
What's in it for you?
Application & Selection process
Programme targets students, recent graduates and reskilled specialists in Lithuania.
FuturePros selection process
1) ApplicationCandidates submit applications (contact details, CV) via Danske Bank career site. Afterwards, they get link to fill an additional questionnaire and are asked to upload 1 minute intro video about themselves. Homework tasks might be given at this stage as well. Successful candidates are then invited to attend assessment centre
2) Assessment centreAssesment centre is usually a one-day event where candidates’ skills and personal traits are tested during the individual and group tasks. The assessment centres can be built based on the competences or the specific areas. Each one of them include from 10 to 30 candidates. Individual tasks test the skills that are required in a job and logical thinking. Yet, the group tasks test candidates’ teamwork, leadership, communication, analytical, problem solving skills.
3) Individual interviewAfter these tasks, successful candidates are invited to the individual interviews, occurring on the same day after lunch. This interview lasts 20-45 minutes, focuses on the tasks the candidate completed that day and evaluates candidate’s fit for a position in terms of the skills and knowledge. At the end of the day successful candidates are invited to the final interview.
4) Final interviewal interview happens in the next few days and is dedicated to evaluate personal traits and cultural fit.
5) Job offerSelected candidates are contacted directly by the hiring managers who communicate the offer via telephone and e-mail.
What do we expect from the applicants?
We wish our candidates would:
Be fluent in English (at least B2 is expected)
Have finished at least 2 years of their bachelor studies in the fields depending on the roles available during the programme’s season (e.g., IT, computer sciences, physics, business management, finance)
Have analytical thinking, problem solving, coding (if apply for IT positions) skills
Be open-minded, able and wishing to collaborate and not afraid to take responsibilities
Be able to participate in all day assessment centres organised in a pre-set date
"I received my bachelor's degree in economics from Vilnius University and had no previous experience in the information technology field. Prior to joining the FuturePros programme, I worked in Accounting and Asset Services, and with the help of supportive new colleagues and the opportunity to learn new things every day, I was able to completely change my career path."
IT software engineer