Volunteering Helps you Grow Professionally
As nice and virtuous as it sounds, volunteering may seem time-consuming, challenging, and even intimidating...
Welcome to the Danske Campus – would you like to join the hackathon, chat over a cup of coffee, or just to exercise?
What is important for a forum for ideas, innovations and field professionals generating them? What infrastructure...
Even Daily Tasks Require Unconventional Solutions
Our daily work with business and private leasing and customers from Sweden, Northern Ireland and Norway,...
Best managed Crisis is the one that was prepared for beforehand
The organisation must be ready to handle any crisis. Loss of electricity, terrorist attack or pandemics...
Get to know the nitty-gritty of your colleagues’ work – in what way is shadowing useful?
Once there was a popular TV series called The Pretender, whose main character could master any chosen...
Let’s be irreplaceable: don’t be a robot!
The people around us will always say that we are in too much of a hurry, that we are only focused on...
A new day – a new episode of a thriller: a look at the frontline of combating fraud
Throughout the world, there is an ongoing fierce struggle many of which have no idea. As you are reading...
Quarantine – an opportunity to focus on one’s psychological health
Anxiety and uncertainty in the face of the coronavirus pandemic threat have become an inseparable part...
Future Pros – how the willingness to learn can be transformed into valuable work experience
The majority of students start looking for work and career opportunities during their studies. Not many...
Always wondered about IT career? There is no better time than now
Flexible working hours, high salaries and bright prospects attract many people to the IT field. However,...
The quarantine challenge: how on earth do you quickly prepare thousands of employees to work from home?
Until recently, the idea that the entire international Danske Bank team would have to start working from...
Danske Bank’s Cyclists Club: something for everyone
A quiet ride after work, longer bike rides on the weekends, or an alternate daily commute – Danske Bank...
Rosita Vasilkevičiūtė: “Being a part of a motivated team and building great things from scratch is invaluable experience”
Rosita Vasilkevičiūtė, who has been heading Danske Bank Global Services Lithuania for seven years, says...
IT Primer – Already in Our Minds: What is Important in Deciding to Retrain?
Mentoring, motivation and willingness to change are characteristics that unite the three not-fearing-retraining...
“Danske Graduate”: How my curiosity brought me back to Lithuania
I became interested in pursuing a career at one of the largest Scandinavian banks, Danske Bank, while...
Lithuania – a country offering modern work and development opportunities
I strongly believe that most of our blockers for a change come from our own heads. Emigrants who consider...
From Buddha wishing Jesus a Merry Christmas, to Exchanging the Same Gift Three Years in a Row: How Does the World of Danske Celebrate Christmas?
Though the world is a big place, it all fits under one roof at Danske Bank. There’s space here for all...
The magic of seeing the Big Picture
I believe that many of my colleagues would say that if you love your job, you never work. Perhaps even...
Five lessons for business what we have learned from testing
The magic word to define modern businesses would most probably be 'flexibility'. Now, large international...
Working backstage in the client team – what’s cooking in the “bank’s kitchen”?
It’s hard to fathom just how many people are hired and how many automated solutions are put in place...
Sharing an Office Chair with a Robot: There is Enough Space for You Both and You Will Love It
The World Economic Forum estimates that more than half of the world’s workforce will have to raise their...
Bye Vilnius! Hello Vilnius!
I’ve been lucky in my life. But luck needs to be chased, and so I did. For as long as I can remember...
From initial idea to creative solution: how colleagues created an interactive LED screen?
Povilas Žvirblis, Markets IT Software Engineer An example of successful collaboration We are an active...
My profession as a crime hunter
When I started working in the public sector a decade ago, I became more familiar with law enforcement...
The Power of Mentorship
Gintarė Katkevičienė, Development manager, Asset Finance IT I've never had a mentor in my life, but there...
Summer internship – first step towards personal growth
Ugnė Musneckytė, Evelina Sarul, summer interns in Danske Bank Wealth Management Hub Summer internship...
How do you combine creativity, volunteering and a professional mission?
Ten years ago, I had no clue where I would be today. Back then, I was studying natural sciences at Vilnius...
What do robotics and marathons have in common?
Running is easy. You just get up and run. Managing your Robotics unit is easy too – just keep it going....
From an Idea to concrete Results How a Bold Ambition Turned into the AML Training Academy
In 2017, I joined Danske Bank’s AML Customer Service Delivery to design and establish an in-house AML...
The Bank's heart transplant: how Danske's Baltic banking systems underwent their biggest transformation
You sometimes have to come to terms with the fact that bank work can be convenient, dull and slow. I...
Artificial intelligence in the making: unlimited possibilities
Several weeks ago, IBM and The New York Times compiled a list of 40 female leaders in the field of artificial...
Professional evolution: I moved from a creative degree to becoming a cybersecurity architect
IT, cybersecurity and engineering solutions are less and less seen as exclusively male fields. Similarly,...
The first 100 days: how to ensure the successful start of an employee?
When head hunting takes place today, companies have to compete not only to attract new top talents but...
A ticket for a happy customer’s journey: where to get it?
Nowadays a modern customer is forcing the business to strive more than ever before. Banks are often compared...
100 professions in one workplace: how?
Banks are as old as a hills. Still, what we envision when we think of the people working in banks, is...
Danske team recommends: what do we read on the Internet?
We have to admit that we spend more time browsing the Internet than we do reading books. Not because...
The Art of Being the Best: A Global Prize for the Best Workplace
Global office trends are increasingly focused on employees, their motivation and efficiency. An effective...
The Juggling challenge how to become a future professional
By 2020, both the Y and Z generations are expected to make up over half of the global workforce. While...
Data Scientist: The Most Wanted Profession Today
Even though data science can be found in most of what we see and do on a daily basis, many of us are...
Cybersecurity trends: fewer and fewer safe heavens
Who could have predicted that we would be the generation of people statistically significantly more likely...
Fifteen book discoveries or what are we reading at Danske
As every professional knows, it’s not just the body that needs exercise, but also the mind does too....
How to handle 3 career moves in 2 years?
My leader teases me, saying I want to be everywhere and do everything. Two years ago, I was one of the first Group Finance senior analysts in Vilnius. A year later, we had a clear vision for the Vilnius team to take group-wide responsibility as a centralized BI (Business Intelligence) Reporting Hub, and I was trusted to take the lead on this project.
Today, I am a Site Leader for Group Finance in Lithuania with a BI Reporting Hub and 10 more teams.
I really like Conan O’Brien’s words: “If you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”
Asta Bagdonaviciene, Site Lead, Group Finance
Become data - driven
Our data-driven analytics teams in Lithuania are expanding, and we are looking for more colleagues to join our global teams. Come and join over 200 analysts who understand the value and importance of data-driven analytics and various financial and risk models, which support the creation of automated innovative solutions for the group and at the same time help fulfil various regulatory demands.
“I started my career as a student assistant working nights while doing my master's at Linköping University. I didn't know much about Danske Bank before joining but being a challenger to the bigger banks in Sweden appealed to my ambitious mindset. I joined full time after graduation. Since then I've moved on to a new role thanks to my first manager who encouraged me to pursue an opportunity in the Central Credit Department where I am today.
Niklas Avebjörk, Credit Analyst
What we expect
What we expect
What we expectA career at Danske Bank is an opportunity to develop, grow and contribute to a culture of high ambition. In return, we also expect a lot from our 19,000 people and everyone joining Danske Bank. Together, we will deliver expertise, act with integrity, create value, progress through agility and believe in collaboration.
We deliver expertise
We deliver expertise
For us, expertise is:
- Delivering competitive financial solutions through the strongest knowledge, skills and technology
- Listening to the customer and providing relevant advice and offerings
- Being a proactive guide for our customers
- Knowing when to make a decision on the spot and when to get back with the answer
- Dealing constructively with mistakes and always learning from them
- Acknowledging a diversity of opinions and including differing perspectives
- Hard work, training and continuous learning at every staff level
- Striving for best practice externally and internally at all times
- Being humble about individual competencies and knowing that we are stronger as a team
- Delivering our messages in a simple and understandable manner
We believe in Collaboration
We believe in Collaboration
To us, collaboration is:
- Being a part of finding the best possible solutions for the customers and the Group
- Being helpful and supportive towards customers and colleagues
- Encouraging dialogue and discussion followed by strong execution
- Taking ownership regardless of organisational borders
- Providing constructive feedback, and helping others to succeed and grow
- Challenging others on the basis of understanding and expertise
- Being attentive to people and straightforward
- Sharing the work load as well as the successes
- Encouraging initiatives and engagement
- Sharing ideas openly to co-create solutions
We progress through AGILITY
We progress through AGILITY
When we talk about agility, we mean:
- Adapting continuously to changes in our business and market environment
- Innovating our offerings and services by understanding and responding to changing customer needs
- Understanding and staying ahead of the trends that reshape our industry
- Continuously improving the customer experience
- Finding new ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Making things simple, convenient and easy to understand
- Challenging existing procedures and behaviours
- Being accessible and fast in our responses
- Being nimble and able to take advantage of new opportunities
- Finding new ways to navigate through complexity
We create Value
We create Value
To us, creating value is all about:
- Being aware that long-term shareholder value is created by delivering value for customers
- Understanding customer needs and helping them achieve their ambitions
- Taking the initiative before our customers even express their needs
- Enabling and supporting strong individual performance and rewarding customercentric behaviour
- Empowering people to take action
- Contributing to the success of our customers, employees, shareholders and the societies we are part of by running a solid business
- Being aware of how we create shareholder value
- Being cost and capital efficient
- Simplifying and optimising the way we work
- Delivering continuously improvements and innovations
- Setting ambitious goals and striving for excellence in all we do
We act with Integrity
We act with Integrity
By integrity, we mean:
- Ensuring that our values are never compromised
- Having high ethical standards and conducting business in an orderly manner
- Being reliable and always keeping our word and fulfilling our commitments
- Being honest, transparent and predictable
- Eliciting confidence through high quality, precision and promptness
- Treating others with respect
- Acknowledging our impact on society and living up to our responsibilities
- Contributing responsibly to the communities we serve
- Building and maintaining good relationships with our key stakeholders